Thursday, February 25, 2010

Bananas in Bowl

Oil Fruit Still Life Painting Blue Rimmed Bowl Kitchen Art


Oil on hardboard panel 5" x 7".

Three bananas were resting in a shallow blue-rimmed bowl and holding together nicely in the spotlight. This is a favorite still life of bananas that I painted a few years ago and it tells me why I will always love to paint fruit with color and passion (and anything in bowls as far as that goes).
Please Visit my gallery to see all of my paintings.
If you'd like a commissioned painting contact me. Thanks for visiting!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

We are forming an Arkansas Bloggers group. Come link your blog to arkansasbloggers.blogspot.com

My husband is from Fort Smith:) I have a cousin who teaches there now.

Gwen Bell said...

This is really terrific! Love the yellow and blue together. I find bananas very challenging but you've done an outstanding job!

D. Sisson said...

Thanks very much, Gwen. Glad to hear from another artist who has struggled with bananas. Your blog and paintings are outstanding in my opinion!