Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sunflower Still Life

Oil Flower Still Life Painting Floral Vase Garden Art


Oil on Raymar panel, 10" x 8".

I was in the mood to spin the color wheel when I painted this still life with a sunflower as the star performer. It brightened up a dreary winter day for me and I was energized for a while. That energy suddenly seemed to make my strokes of paint thicker and more decisive. It's fun to get enough paint in place and be able to carve through it again later. You also can't be in a bad mood while experiencing a sunflower taking shape on your canvas. Let the pigments loose! Or, something like that. :)
If you'd like a commissioned painting contact me. Thanks for visiting!

Visit my gallery to -- Purchase $110.00 + $10.00 shipping (for international shipping, please e-mail me )

Thanks for stopping by!
Please Visit my gallery to see all of my paintings.

No comments: