Saturday, August 20, 2011

Calf in Bluebonnets

Oil Painting Cow Art Farm Animal Portraits Calf Wild Flowers

Oil on canvas, 8" x 10"

What could be more pleasant than a Longhorn calf in Texas Bluebonnets?  A friend took some great photos of cattle and donkeys in a bluebonnet covered pasture south of Dallas.  This calf was being protected by the bull.  I was attracted to the image of the calf and his spots blending in with the flowers.  Bluebonnets have a wonderfully sweet smell. 
If you'd like to commisson a painting please contact me.

Visit my gallery -- SOLD.
Thanks for stopping by!
Please Visit my gallery to see all of my paintings

4 comments:

Fawn McNeill Barr said...

Fantastic!

suzanneberry said...

you're so right! what could be more beautiful than a calf in texas bluebonnets..except perhaps this painting of a calf in blubonnets. this is lovely!

suzanneberry said...

me again. couldn't find your email to thank you for your very kind comments! so...thank you!!

D. Sisson said...

Thanks for the nice comments on the calf, Suzanne and Fawn!