Saturday, December 04, 2010

Montezuma's Castle

Oil Painting Landscape Desert Western Sedona Arizona Ancient Ruins

Oil on hardboard, 8" x 10"
The colors and shadows of these ancient dwellings were fascinating to paint.  My daughter recently visited Arizona with a friend from Phoenix. I asked her to take lots of pictures and she did!  I chose this subject first because of the colors and also the feeling of forms within forms going back into space.  Montezuma's Castle is a National Monument near Flagstaff and is actually misnamed  by early settlers because Montezuma was never there.  It is one of the best preserved cliff dwellings in North America.

If you'd like to commission a painting please contact me..

Visit my gallery to -- Purchase $90.00 + $10.00 shipping (for international shipping, please e-mail me )

Thanks for stopping by!
Please Visit my DailyPainters gallery to see all of my paintings

2 comments:

Dean H. said...

A wonderful job on this painting, Debra!
In Nov. I painted this scene also. An inspiring place to paint.

D. Sisson said...

Thanks much, Dean!