Sunday, September 05, 2010

Just Peeled

Oil Painting Fruit Still Life Art Orange Citrus

Oil on hardboard, 5.25" x 6"

Near complimentary color notes of oranges and blue-violets make this painting of orange slices hum and vibrate.  This keeps me interested the entire painting.  I guess it's because my eyes and/or my brain stay alert and interested to see how the finished image will turn out!  I've painted this subject before but in watercolor.  The oil colors made the oranges seem transclucent also, so I like this approach just as well.  This painting will be shipped with a small display easel.  Please see the photo below!
If you'd like to commission a painting please contact me.
Visit my gallery to -- Purchase $75.00 + $10.00 shipping (for international shipping, please e-mail me )

A great way to display petite paintings such as my painting above is in a small display easel.  Below is a photo of my painting,  "Black-Capped Chick-a-Dee", in a small easel on a table in my entry room.  Each petite painting that you collect from me will now come with one of these easels so that you can display this way, or if you prefer, you can frame it and hang it on your wall.

Thanks for stopping by!
Please Visit my gallery to see all of my paintings

No comments: