Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Orange Poppies

Oil Painting Flowers Still Life Art Botanical Garden

Oil on hardboard, 8" x 6"

I've stayed with a very limited palette for this small painting of  bright orange/red poppies lit by gloriously strong sunlight. Phthalo blue is a color I haven't used much before and it's the blue primary for my color mixing.  It's a learning experience that I am open to and enjoying.  I used some juicy, thicker paint for the blooming poppies.  I'd love to hear from other artists about their favorite palettes or favorite colors!
This painting will be shipped with a small display easel.
If you'd like to commission a painting please contact me.
Visit my gallery to -- Purchase $90.00 + $10.00 shipping (for international shipping, please e-mail me )

Thanks for stopping by!
Please Visit my gallery to see all of my paintings

No comments: