Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Tucked Away

Oil Painting Victorian House Portrait Historical Home Architecture Landscape


Oil on hardboard panel, 12" x 9"

Some ideas I finally get around to painting. I found photos I'd taken of a quaint Victorian house in Fayetteville, Arkansas, where I lived previously. A narrow turret on a corner of the house with a tall dark window was attractive and so was the "homey" front porch with geraniums and fern. It looked "set apart" from the rest of the busy world. I think the painting conveys a dreamy sort of feeling and this made it special to me. I think I'd like to find some more old photos for inspiration!
For purchase price please e-mail me

Of course, I didn't at first tell you the problems I had with the painting.  I didn't realize I was painting some of the vertical images off center or "cockeyed".  A t-square comes in handy in these situations.  I should know these things!  If you have a photo that you think could be a little piece of something special I'd love to see it.
If you'd like to commission a painting please contact me.

Thanks for stopping by!
Please Visit my gallery to see all of my paintings.

No comments: