Friday, August 27, 2010

Swallowtail

Oil Painting Tiger Butterfly Landscape Bugs

Oil on hardboard panel, 5" x 6"

I felt the need to be playful and painted a butterfly painting for some fun this summer.  I snapped several photos of a Tiger Swallowtail (I think?) on my Lantana flowers.  I loved using a cerulean blue color along with the colors of the flower and plant, and of course, the delicate butterfly with its interesting pattern.  The intermingling of  colors in the background felt good to me as a backdrop for the "flutterby". 

I hope everyone's summer has been good!  I'm surely enjoying the slightly cooler temps where I am in Arkansas.  I've been thinking of joining a hiking/photography group this fall so that I can gather some inspiration.

If you'd like to commission a painting please contact me.

Visit my gallery to -- Purchase $65.00 + $10.00 shipping (for international shipping, please e-mail me )
Thanks for stopping by!
Please Visit my gallery to see all of my paintings.

No comments: