Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Unfolding Magnolia Bloom

Oil Still Life Flower Southern Magnolia Tree


Oil on stretched canvas, 8" x 10" x 3/4".

This is the second painting of this southern magnolia bloom with leaves that was done from an indoor photoshoot of a lovely bloom from one of my trees earlier this year. The creamy-white petals are painted in the interesting shapes they make as they unfold. They also bounce around the reflected cast shadow colors of the glossy green leaves. I think they make very interesting subjects for botanical still lifes!
If you'd like a commissioned painting contact me. Thanks for visiting!

Visit my gallery to -- Purchase $105.00 + $10.00 shipping (for international shipping, please e-mail me )

Thanks for stopping by!
Please Visit my gallery to see all of my paintings.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm glad that I found this wonderful blog with interesting posts. Congratulations! You have got to share with us something nice. I Wish you a wonderful evening! smiles