Sunday, October 14, 2012

Pumpkin Gourd

Oil Painting Still Life Art Ornamental Fall Garden Autumn

Oil on canvas, 6" x 8"

I usually buy a sack of miniature, mulit-colored gourds for painting inspiration in the fall.  This time I chose a solid orange one to paint.  I guess you'd call it a dimply, pimply, pumpkin gourd.  (I think gourds are in the pumpkin family but they're not good for eating).  This little orange guy had interesting protrusions to play with in paint.  I like to paint subjects in a light that produces a shadow that includes complimentary colors along with the color of the object that I'm painting.
If you'd like to commission a painting please contact me.

Visit my gallery to -- Purchase $75.00 + $10.00 shipping (for international shipping, please e-mail me )

Thanks for stopping by!
Please Visit my DailyPainters gallery to see all of my paintings.

No comments: