Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Reflections of Springtime

Oil Daffodils Spring Still Life Garden Flowers Botanical


Oil on cradleboard, 8" x 8" x 3/4".

This early spring painting of daffodils in a clear globe vase was a study in reflections. The reflections of light appear in the water and petals in the vase and the same light is reflected onto the top of the wood surface of a piece of furniture. The petals of the daffodils are semi-transparent and make interesting shapes to paint. Their faces are also fun with the yellow/orange ruffles and dark centers.
If you'd like a commissioned painting contact me. Thanks for visiting!

Visit my gallery to -- Purchase $95.00 + $10.00 shipping (for international shipping, please e-mail me )

Thanks for stopping by!
Please Visit my gallery to see all of my paintings.

No comments: