Thursday, June 25, 2009

Gentle Burro Oil Painting Donkey Horse Pet Animal Art

"Gentle Burro"


Oil on stretched canvas, 10" x 8" x 3/4".

I love to pet these small burros with their fuzzy heads and ears! I applied a lot of paint in forming this serene image of a burro and I really like the result. The burro has a reflective and tender look at the same time and this view from above includes her stripe. Donkeys are some of my favorite animals to paint and I've used a similar burro image before in a smaller format. This painting is on a canvas that is stapled in the back and the sides are painting making it ready to hang unframed if desired.
If you would like a commissioned animal portrait please contact me. Thanks for looking!

Visit my gallery to -- Sold.

2 comments:

naquaiya said...

Hi Debra,
I like your burro. I guess we are members of the sweet burro fan club.

Gwen Bell said...

Wonderful! His expression is so sweet and I love the curve of his dark stripe.