Saturday, October 15, 2011

Ferny Grove

Oil Landscape Painting Forest Woodland Nature Hiking Creek

Oil on stretched canvas, 20" x 16"

Light and shadow were even more important to me in this larger painting.  I laid in the shaded areas first to get the darks established and then allowed myself to work on the unshaded areas.  This helped the midtones be closer to the correct value and gave them some glow.  The grove was a pleasing combination of some favorite things - rock, water and greenery.  It seemed to be an intimate look into a secluded area of nature! 
If you'd like a commissioned painting contact me. Thanks for visiting!

Visit my gallery to -- Purchase $350.00 + $15.00 shipping (for international shipping, please e-mail me )
I also accept personal checks for payment, please e-mail me

Thanks for stopping by!
Please Visit my gallery to see all of my paintings

2 comments:

suzanneberry said...

beautifully done!

D. Sisson said...

Thanks, Suz!