Thursday, September 22, 2011

Maple and Pine

Oil Painting Landscape Palette knife Art Autumn Trees Forest

Oil on canvas, 10" x 8"

Working with a palette knife in this painting, I painted quickly to capture the exuberant feeling I felt for the scene.  I worked from a friend's photograph that was taken when we hiked a beautiful forest area of Arkansas. The filtered sunlight highlighted the colorful maple leaves that were outstreched against the rough bark of a pine tree.I really liked working with the thick paint and letting areas settle into others and leaving things alone when I felt it was time to quit. 
If you'd like to commission a painting please contact me.

Visit my gallery to -- Purchase $100.00 + $10.00 shipping (for international shipping, please e-mail me )

Thanks for stopping by!
Please Visit my DailyPainters gallery to see all of my paintings

2 comments:

Frank Zweegers said...

Looks impressive!

D. Sisson said...

Thanks, Frank! I enjoyed the thick paint.