Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Tiny Crimson Sweet

Oil Painting Lilly Still Life Art Watermelon Garden Fruit


Oil on hardboard. 5" x 7".

I always have some of these very small (runt!) watermelons in my garden spots growing among the few normal size melons each summer.  This one was especially precious and I painted it on a white tablecloth to celebrate its uniqueness.  I ended up celebrating roundness both in the watermelon and in the folds of the cloth and I thought that was pretty cool.  It was actually an excuse to paint the green and creamy-white stripes of the melon I'm sure.  Oh, by the way, it wasn't edible but I didn't care!

If you'd like to commission a painting please contact me.

Visit my gallery -- SOLD!

Thanks for stopping by!
Please Visit my gallery to see all of my paintings

No comments: