Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Tabby Reach

Oil Painting Cat Pet Art Maine coon


Oil on hardboard. 6" x 8".

I intended to play with the sunlight streaming across this tabby Maine Coon kitten lying on the floor with a basket.  I was pleased with the painting when the details of the tail in the background pushed it back in space and the front leg and paw came forward.  The kitten's eyes are interesting, but the movement from foreground to background is what makes it works as a painting to me.  Dramatic lighting is exciting!
If you'd like to commission a painting please contact me.
Visit my gallery -- SOLD!

Thanks for stopping by!
Please Visit my gallery to see all of my paintings

1 comment:

Anne Marie Propst said...

I find cats to be difficult to paint for some reason. You however have captured this one beautifully. Love the tail in the background.