Saturday, July 02, 2011

Bee Among Azaleas

Oil Painting Flower Art Still Life Garden Honey Bee Insects

Oil on canvas hardboard, 9" x 12"

An artist friend photographed a wonderful image of a bee busy at work on a cluster of pink azalea petals.  It became one of many challenge images to paint in our artist group.  The mediums used were oil, watercolor and colored pencil.  This oil painting was my contribution.  I love the translucent wings of the bee covering the azalea bloom.  I still haven't painted the bowl of lemons that the others have finished. 
If you'd like to commisson a painting please contact me.

If you're interested in bees you may enjoy this article: "Bee Garden 101: How to Plant a Beautiful Bee-friendly Garden"
https://www.plantedwell.com/bee-garden/

Visit my gallery to -- Purchase $100.00 + $8.00 shipping (for international shipping, please e-mail me )
I also accept personal checks for payment, please e-mail me

Thanks for stopping by!
Please Visit my gallery to see all of my paintings

No comments: