Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Silky Terrier Oil Painting Commissioned Pet Art Portrait

"Tobey"


Oil on stretched canvas, 14" x 11" x 3/4".

This is a commissioned painting of Tobey, a beautiful silver/fawn-haired Silky Terrier, from Australia. He had those lovely bright eyes with bangs framing his face like the typical Silky. Silky Terriers originated from Australia as a cross between the Yorky Terrier and the Australian Terrier. Their ears are clipped inside and out to keep this look (their ears are so soft). I had one of these little sprites years ago - in case you didn't already assume that! Tobey's mom said he was camera-shy. Mine was a show-off. I wish I had taken more (and better) photos of her though.
If you'd like to commission a painting please contact me.

Thanks for stopping by! Visit my gallery.

No comments: