Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Sable Papillon

Oil Painting Dog Pet Art Miniature


Oil on hardboard, 3.5" x 2.5".

This is a favorite ACEO size painting of mine from the past. It looks just like my little Papillon, Nina, who graced my life for 13 years. I love the Papillons' earnest and intelligent looks along with their sweetness of disposition. I haven't painted this small size in quite a while and when I look at many of my older ones with a fresh eye, I like the way that they come together as a larger piece when enlarged on the monitor. There's something to be learned from that and I'm beginning to understand it (internalize it?!) Maybe it's the look of simpler, bolder strokes made with determination. . . .

I'd love to paint a similar painting in a size you'd prefer! I've been busy getting paintings finished for a couple of competitions coming up soon and also for a charity silent auction. There will be fresh daily paintings coming very soon!

If you'd like a commissioned painting contact me. Also, leave a comment if you'd like to! Thanks for visiting. Visit my gallery to see all of my paintings.

2 comments:

Isabel said...

Beatiful painting.Congratulations.

D. Sisson said...

Thanks so much, Isabel! I'm glad you liked it.