Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Red Orchids

Oil Painting Still Life Art Flowers Botanical Gardens


Oil on clayboard panel, 13" x 9".

These very exotic orchids were for sale at our local lawn and garden show this spring. While I was taking photos of them, the vendor joked that she should charge for each photo! She must have had many people admiring them with their cameras. I loved the allure of their color and movement and I had never seen such long, thick petals on an orchid. I used thick paint for many of the edges of the petals to add emphasize to their forms. The leaves and stems were interesting too and added so much to the finished painting.
Visit my gallery to -- Purchase $120.00 + $10.00 shipping (for international shipping, please e-mail me )

Thanks for stopping by!
Please Visit my gallery to see all of my paintings.

No comments: