Thursday, May 20, 2010

Red and Yellow Bells

Watercolor Painting Still Life Art Vegetables Gardens Farmers Market


Watercolor on paper, 10" x 8".

Bell peppers aren't available at the Farmers' Market yet this year; these were painted from last summer's visit. I was interested in their shapes in the gray cardboard containers as seen from above. I built up their colors and form with layered watercolor glazes and was happy with how the peppers eventually "popped up" to be seen by the viewer.

Visit my gallery to -- Purchase $85.00 + $10.00 shipping (for international shipping, please e-mail me )

Thanks for stopping by!
Please Visit my gallery to see all of my paintings.

2 comments:

Delilah said...

Peppers are such a fun thing to paint and you have done a wonderful job.

D. Sisson said...

Wow - thanks for that Delilah!