Sunday, December 27, 2009

Still Water and Heron

Oil Bird Art Wildlife Paintings Wetlands Blue Pond


Oil on stretched canvas, 10" x 8" x 3/4".

We see blue herons near the wetlands where I live in Arkansas and I've tried several times to get photos of one before it leaves the scene and I've had no luck. But a friend captured one beautifully and I painted this heron from her photo. It was such a serene setting with the big bird in the still, shallow water which reflected the lovely blue sky. The bright sunlight made deep, interesting shadows and I knew I wanted to paint it. Thanks, Jeanette!
Visit my gallery to -- Purchase $95.00 + $10.00 shipping (for international shipping, please e-mail me )

If you'd like to commission a painting please contact me.
Thanks for stopping by! Visit my gallery.

No comments: