Saturday, November 14, 2009

Nasturtium Jewels

Oil Fall Still Life Garden Flowers Mixed Colors


Oil on canvas board, 8" x 10" x 3/4".

These nasturtiums were welcoming our cooler weather and showing their bright, mulit-colored blooms and vining out on my patio. The plants seem to just barely hang on during the long, hot months and then come to life again as most other flowers are dying back. I placed them in small tea strainer to paint them. I think their round-ish shaped leaves are also very attractive. I intended to keep this still life looser than usual as I am experimenting with different approaches to subjects. This painting has staple-free sides that are painted if you'd like to hang it unframed.
If you'd like a commissioned painting contact me. Thanks for visiting!

Visit my gallery to -- Purchase $95.00 + $10.00 shipping (for international shipping, please e-mail me )

Thanks for stopping by!
Please Visit my gallery to see all of my paintings.

No comments: