Saturday, September 26, 2009

School Girl Portrait Oil Painting Figure Young Classic

"School Girl"


Oil on canvas, 12" x 9".

For me this was a successful piece in that it was finally one other portrait that I was pleased enough with to post on my blog. I painted it from an old photo that I had taken of my daughter who was in 5th or 6th grade and wearing one of the sweet outfits that my mother had sewn for her. I remember having her pose many times for me in those days when I was in art school studying painting and photography. I'm now going back to some of those "old" photos to use in the portrait painting class that I'm taking from Patricia Lappin. She has encouraged me to paint more boldly and confidently and she's a wonderful portrait artist from which to study. Art is truly a journey just like life. I don't think I really understood it while it was happening . . . . . .
Visit my gallery!

No comments: