Monday, March 16, 2009

Cockapoo Watercolor Dog Pet Art Poodle Portrait Spoodle Cockerpoo

"Muff"


Watercolor on Bristol paper, 9" x 8.5".

This painting is a watercolor on bristol board which is a 4-ply paper. The bristol has a smooth surface and reacts differently to the paint and water than traditional watercolor paper. It is challenging yet rewarding to get the details and textures to form the way I want them to. Burt Silverman uses bristol board for watercolor and describes his process in his book, "Breaking the Rules of Watercolor". He explains how you can rework the painting on the bristol board. I've painted several watercolors on this surface but I still love to work on my old tried-and-true watercolor papers also.

If you would like a commissioned animal portrait please contact me. Thanks for looking!

Visit my gallery to -- Purchase $60.00 + $8.00 shipping (for international shipping, please e-mail me )

No comments: