Thursday, October 10, 2013

Cherries and Light

Oil Still Life Painting Organic Fruit Kitchen Art

Oil on canvas hardboard, 6" x 8"

I used only a few ingredients in making this painting - bright sunlight, a white bowl and a few cherries.  The shapes of the cherries' shadows became another visual ingredient to be enjoyed too.  The dark red cherries glow a brighter red in the light and colors bounce around in the mix with the bowl.  I like to bake tasty things, but painting the ingredients is more fun and rewarding.  And the result lasts longer.


Visit my gallery to -- Purchase $75.00 + $8.00 shipping (for international shipping, please e-mail me )
Thanks for stopping by!Please Visit my gallery to see all of my paintings

2 comments:

Mark Nesmith said...

Beautiful vivid reds in this painting, and I love the interplay of the shadows. Very nice!

Mark Nesmith
Paint Daily Texas
http://paintdailytexas.blogspot.com

D. Sisson said...

Thanks very much, Mark! Lovely comment.