Wednesday, November 09, 2011

I'm Listening

Watercolor Dog Pet Art Portraits Chihuahua

Watercolor on Arches, 8.5" x 10"

This dog has sunk into her comfy fleece bed and looks like she's ready for a story. I really enjoy working with watercolors to create a sense of mystery with light and shadow. The biggest challenge with watercolors, that many artists know, is the frustration of ruining the beautiful white paper and not being able to fix the problem (save the painting!) as you can with an oil painting.
If you'd like to commission a painting please contact me.
Visit my gallery to -- Purchase $100.00 + $10.00 shipping (for international shipping, please e-mail me )

Thanks for stopping by! Visit my gallery.

2 comments:

suzanneberry said...

rich and beautifully done. those eyes are stunning. looks like oil! i was surprised to read it was wc!

D. Sisson said...

Thanks, Suz! That's so cool that you thought it was oil at first. I'm always startled when I have the same reaction to watercolors I have mistaken for oils.