Saturday, July 23, 2011

Cape Glossy Starling

Oil Painting Bir Art Fowl Wildlife Exotic

Oil on canvas hardboard, 6" x 8".

This bird is a glossy starling and is a South African native.  It was a playful painting for me.  The  striking blue-green metallic feathers along with his yellow eyes were intriguing.  And the best part was his quirky shadow!  These starlings are frequent visitors to gardens and feeders where they live. 
If you'd like to commission a painting please contact me.

Visit my gallery to -- Purchase $75.00 + $8.00 shipping (for international shipping, please e-mail me )
I also accept personal checks for payment, please e-mail me

Thanks for stopping by!
Please Visit my gallery to see all of my paintings

2 comments:

Caryl said...

They truly are beautiful birds. I love the way you have managed to get the black... peacock colours so well.

D. Sisson said...

Thanks, Caryl! Your blog and art are so nice. Love the horses too.