Sunday, June 12, 2011

Lacy Gladiolus

Oil Painting Flower Sword Lilly Art Still Life Botanical Garden

Oil on canvas hardboard, 8" x 6"

This was my first home-grown Gladiolus and also my first painting of one.  I decided to paint the bloooms close-up and as more of a series of shapes in sunlight and shade rather than complete flowers.  This is what seemed to appeal to me as I observed them.  I may decide to paint them in more of a traditional manner also!  I didn't know that Glads are in the Iris family and are sometimes called Sword Lillies.
If you'd like to commisson a painting please contact me.
Visit my gallery to -- Purchase $80.00 + $8.00 shipping (for international shipping, please e-mail me )
I also accept personal checks for payment, please e-mail me

Thanks for stopping by!
Please Visit my gallery to see all of my paintings

3 comments:

How to oil paint shadows said...

The flower looks great!

Bruno Moura said...

Well done! Great art

Cheers from Brazil!

Paint by Josie said...

You have beautiful work!