Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Single Rosebud

Oil Painting Flower Still Life Art Garden Glass Vase


Oil on stretched canvas. 6" x 8"

I'm still stuck on roses.  This is a painting from the past of my Joseph's Coat climbing rose.  I painted it from above in a tiny bud vase and I very much liked this perspective of the flower.  This rose changes colors.  It changes from yellow/orange with tinges of red to pure red as the bloom gets older.  For the last couple of years, however, the buds on my plant have started out a solid red and stayed that color.  I don't know if this is a common occurrence with roses as they age or if there's something I should be doing different.  Advice is always welcome as well as comments!

If you'd like to commission a painting please contact me.
Visit my gallery to -- Purchase SOLD

Thanks for stopping by!
Please Visit my DailyPainters gallery to see all of my paintings

No comments: