Sunday, January 09, 2011

Young Fisherman

Oil Painting Portrait Boy Cane Pole Fishing

Oil on hardboard, 8" x 6".

I was interested in the light and shade pattern on the boy and ground as he stood in the dappled light with his fishing pole in the water.  It was a wonderful summer scene and I wanted to capture its simplicity and peacefulness.  His cuffed overalls were also great to paint!  I had kept the painting looser for a while and then I got into the details too much I think.  Oh well, that's how it goes sometimes.  Summer seems far away now, especially with snow falling today.
If you'd like to commission a painting please contact me.

Visit my gallery to -- Purchase $90.00 + $10.00 shipping (for international shipping, please e-mail me )

Thanks for stopping by!
Please Visit my DailyPainters gallery to see all of my paintings

No comments: