Monday, November 22, 2010

Resting at Stone Bridge

Oil Painting Figurative Landscape Palette Knife Art Autumn Trees Forest

Oil on canvas, 14" x 11"

While hiking at Mt. Nebo state park in Arkansas recently, I captured a really nice composition of another hiker on a stone bridge with my camera.  The lighting was fantastic.  The basic forms were easy to read and I loved that.  I kept it loose and used a palette knife for most of the painting, and I decided that the figure should be integrated into the woodland setting which would be best for the painting overall. And by the way, just for the record, the resting hiker was my husband. 
If you'd like to commission a painting please contact me.

Visit my gallery to -- Purchase $225.00 + $10.00 shipping (for international shipping, please e-mail me )

Thanks for stopping by!
Please Visit my DailyPainters gallery to see all of my paintings

No comments: